Working as part of a collaborative team, the APRN will work closely with CLM clients on evaluating and diagnosing mental illnesses.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Communicating symptoms, behaviors, strategies, and interventions to the clinical team;
- Prescribing medications as authorized by the 1991 Nurse Practice Act;
- Ordering and interpreting lab tests;
- Communicating in a professional manner, both orally and in writing;
- Working with diverse populations in a variety of environments;
- Maintaining appropriate professional boundaries while working with others and in handling confidential information;
- Attending scheduled shifts and staff meetings;
- Documenting actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records;
- Maintaining work operations by following policies and procedures;
- Protecting organization's value by keeping patient information confidential;
- Maintaining professional codes of conduct and ethics;
- Performing any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree with a certification in psychiatry, along with an APRN license is required.
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and independent problem solver;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with consumers and their families;
- Ability to work with confidence in a high stress, sometimes unpredictable environment and as a member of a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively with other professionals across disciplines, inside and outside of the agency;
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in routine, urgent, and emergent situations;
- Ability to read, understand, apply practice standards, technical procedures, government standards and regulations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and be responsive to office space issues of agency;
- Must have ability to sit for 50 minute intervals while in sessions.
Directions for Applying for this position
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.