The Clinical Supervisor is part of the clinical leadership team that supervises clinicians and manages departmental day to day clinical needs to ensure the provision of quality treatment services for each client. This position is full-time salaried at 35 hours per week in Adult Services and is 50% direct clinical and 50% administrative/supervisory.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties ;
- Manages and delegates team workload, resources and priorities consistent with the mission of CLM and the principles of recovery;
- Provides training to new team members, provides ongoing performance feedback and formal annual performance appraisals for team members;
- Promotes solution-focused strategies and treatment that is outcomes-driven;
- Assures that team members fulfill their functions professionally and in a manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and rights of all clients;
- Assures that clinical documentation is completed accurately, on a timely basis and in compliance with appropriate CLM, federal, state and other pertinent standards;
- Ensures that services provided comply with all federal and state regulatory standards and statutes. Adheres to the Center’s Code of Ethics;
- Maintains professional memberships, licenses, accreditation, certifications, etc;
- Creates a team culture that supports growth and development of team members to better meet the needs of CLM clients, families and communities;
- Works in conjunction with the program director to insure that service delivery is efficient and effective and develops methods to effectively describe and monitor desired client outcomes, productivity, budget variances, and other salient information to develop the ability of the team to self-monitor;
- Serves on appropriate committees, both internal and external, as determined by the program director;
- Represents CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community;
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in mental health field and NH licensure as an LICSW or LCMHC preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years full-time clinical experience post Master’s degree;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients/families;
- Advanced documentation skills and familiarity with data reports/spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Unique population skillset desired: BPD, EMDR, IDD, SUD, Integrated Care, and or Veteran/Military.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must have ability to sit for 60 minute intervals while in sessions and/or meetings.
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and staff;
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.