This new clinical position within CLM’s adult department will provide clinical interventions in the office as well as within community settings to enhance the well-being of clients impacted by an intellectual disability and co-occurring mental health issue(s). The clinician will work closely with internal and external support networks/partners in pursuit of continuity of care and better outcomes for their clients. This position is full-time with benefits at 35 hours/week working two days in the Derry office and three days in Salem.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Train with Clinical Supervisor/IDD Specialist to build skills in the provision of quality service delivery for this clientele;
- Gain extensive working knowledge of regional support network, collaborative partnerships, and Continuity of Care Model;
- Provide individual and group therapy to adult clients;
- Develop treatment plans; specify presenting problem, objectives, interventions, and desired outcomes;
- Creation of behavior plans which will include, monitoring outcomes, training appropriate staff, and modification of said plans as needed;
- Provide assessments/outcome measures on a quarterly basis;
- Assess for/and make referrals to CLM’s Community Support Program such as Supported Employment, Illness Management and Recovery evidence based practices;
- Provide timely documentation on each service delivered;
- Actively participate in collaborative interdisciplinary team meetings;
- Provide consultation and support to home providers and/or family members;
- Work with clients in their homes when appropriate as well as within the community.
- Master’s degree;
- New Hampshire Board of Mental Health license preferred;
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA) certification preferred;
- Experience within a clinical setting providing support services.
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong documentation skills and prior experience utilizing electronic records;
- Strong ability and desire to work as part of a clinical team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and be responsive to office space issues of agency;
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel within the community on a daily basis;
- Must have ability to sit for long intervals while working with clients;
- Must be willing to provide community based clinical sessions.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.