The Collections and Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for managing and analyzing outstanding client accounts and benefit information and collecting aged client receivables. This is a 40 hour per week position. The hours will be Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Answers client phone calls and responds to client inquiries regarding outstanding balances; establishes payment plans for clients with outstanding balances;
- Reviews monthly client aging and follows up on outstanding balances;
- Reviews and prepares accounts scheduled for collection;
- Acts as a liaison between collection agency and CLM;
- Performs monthly billing to clients which includes printing and mailing client statements, reviewing and editing in the computer all incorrect address accounts, updating all change of addresses and processing checks returned from bank for insufficient funds;
- Enters cash receipts to client accounts in the computer system on a daily basis and applies cash received from clients in the mail to individual service dates or oldest outstanding balance. Prints cash transaction report and balances client cash to the daily deposit;
- Manages collections from clients and performs daily follow up of outstanding accounts via telephone or written correspondence to debtors while adhering to the collection policies of CLM.
- Monitors the unbilled service report for missing or invalid diagnosis codes and client eligibilities;
- Calls and obtains insurance authorizations for claims that have exceeded benefit limits;
- Checks third party insurance cards daily through workflow and makes necessary changes in the computer.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required; an associate’s degree is preferred.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, have strong organizational skills and have familiarity with and the ability to operate standard office equipment;
- Prior experience with and knowledge of client collection practices and laws is strongly desired;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to staff by possessing good oral and written communication skills;
- A minimum two years of third party billing and collections experience is preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and stand office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.