The Emergency Services Therapist (Clinician) is responsible for providing crisis intervention, crisis phone management, and other similar services to clients accessing the agency through emergency services. This is a full time, 36 hour a week position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Provide face to face lethality assessments at CLM and/or at Parkland Medical Center and/or local Police Stations;
- Evaluate risk of dangerousness to self or others and need for hospitalization;
- Evaluate substance use and misuse for detoxification needs and other higher level of care services.
- Complete tasks in accordance to the active contract with our area hospital (Parkland Medical Center)
- Coordinate, where appropriate, client access to agency services or hospitalization;
- Execute all required services and documentation in accordance with agency policies and federal and state standards;
- Represents CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community;
- Some shifts may include the provision of Crisis Stabilization services on-site at CLM or Intake services on-site at CLM and all shifts require the management of crisis calls as a component of this position;
- The management of crisis calls as a component of this position;
- Full time shifts are on-site, 12 hr shifts during the weekday and weeknight;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- Clinicians are to follow the professional code of contact at CLM and Parkland Medical Center. Policies and Procedures of both agencies are to be followed at all times.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in mental health field;
- Licensed Social Worker or similar licensure preferred;
- Mental health experience preferred;
- Crisis intervention experience/training/education preferred.
Office Based Training Expectations
- Total hours of training are based on skill level, performance, and technical capabilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong psychosocial assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and motivated with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients/families
- Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a dynamic team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. Background check and drug screen will be required. Reliable transportation is required, as part of the work is completed at Parkland Medical Center.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.