The Engagement and Functional Assessment Specialist uses skills such as motivational interviewing and IMR (Illness Management and Recovery) strategies to work with clients. Additionally the staff will complete outpatient assessment services to CLM clients in our Community Support Program who have unique and individualized needs. The employee will work with clients to engage, re-engage the client into services at the agency while working with clients to manage their symptoms of their mental illness. This position is full time, 35 hours a week.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Provide assessment services to clients in the Community Support Program including quarterly assessments and assessments for eligibility for state funded services.
- Using engagement strategies develop treatment plans with each client; specify presenting problem, objectives, interventions, and desired outcomes;
- Provide timely documentation on each service delivered;
- Collaborate with the clients to learn their individual needs, their objectives, strengths, and resources to reach their goals.
- As a part of the CSP Team the staff will collaborate and coordinate with involved providers;
- Clinical hours will be delivered in CLM’s Derry and Salem offices, as well as within the community when clinically appropriate;
- Position is full-time/salaried
- Bachelor’s Degree with two or more years of experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with CANS/ANSA as well as Eligibility for State Funded Services;
- Experience within a clinical setting preferred;
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong documentation skills and prior experience utilizing electronic records;
- Strong ability and desire to work as part of a clinical team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and be responsive to office space issues of agency;
- Must have ability to sit for 50 minute intervals while in sessions.
- A clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and access to a vehicle is required.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.