The Engagement Specialist uses skills such as motivational interviewing and Illness Management and Recovery (IMR) strategies and provides community based Functional Support Services to adult clients. Additionally, the staff will complete outpatient assessment services to Center for Life Management, (CLM), clients in our Community Support Program, (CSP), who have unique and individualized needs. The employee will work with clients to engage/re-engage the client into services at the agency while working with clients to manage their symptoms of their mental illness. This position is full time, forty hours and five days per week.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Provide assessment services to clients in the Community Support Program including quarterly assessments and assessments for eligibility for state funded services;
- Develop treatment plans and complete reviews with each client; specify presenting problem, objectives, interventions, and desired outcomes;
- Collaborate with the clients to learn their individual needs, their objectives, strengths, and resources to reach their goals;
- Provide Illness Management and Recovery and Functional Support Services interventions to help with engaging clients;
- Provide timely documentation on each service delivered;
- As a part of the CSP Team the staff will collaborate and coordinate with involved providers;
- Services will be delivered in CLM’s Derry and/or Salem offices, as well as within the community when clinically appropriate;
- Position is full-time/salaried
- Bachelor Degree or higher required;
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with ANSA as well as Eligibility for State Funded Services;
- Experience within a mental health setting preferred;
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong documentation skills and prior experience utilizing electronic records;
- Strong ability and desire to work as part of a treatment team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and be responsive to office space issues of agency;
- Must have ability to sit for 50-minute intervals while in sessions;
- A clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and access to a vehicle is required.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.