This position works with children ages 3-21 creating individualized plans that are tailored to meet each child’s needs, interests and goals and works with them side by side to help them successfully achieve their goals. The Community Outreach Clinician position is a blended role of providing therapy and functional support services at locations such as the home, school and other community based environments. This position works collaboratively with all members of the Children’s department to support the child and family in working toward and completing their therapeutic and recovery goals outlined in their treatment plan. This is a full time, 35 hour a week position, working a Tuesday-Saturday schedule, three days out in the community and two days in the office.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Provide community based services to eligible clients in the Children’s Department including therapy, family therapy and functional support services;
- Develop treatment plans and complete reviews with each client; specify presenting problem, objectives, interventions, and desired outcomes;
- Network with family members and various providers in the community to attain positive outcomes for consumers;
- Coordinate medical services and emergency services as needed;
- Maintain professional codes of conduct and ethics;
- Provide timely documentation on each service delivered;
- As a part of the Children’s Department the staff will collaborate and coordinate with involved providers;
- Position is mostly community based with most of the services provided in the home or other community settings such as school however the ability to provide office based treatment on Fridays and Saturdays;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with CANS as well as Eligibility for State Funded Services;
- Experience within a clinical setting preferred;
- Experience working within the community setting
- Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Strong documentation skills and prior experience utilizing electronic records;
- Strong ability and desire to work as part of a clinical team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and be responsive to office space issues of agency;
- Must have ability to sit for 50 minute intervals while in sessions.
- A clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and access to a vehicle is required.
Directions for Applying for this Position:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.