The Intake Coordinator works as part of the Intake team to facilitate new client entry into clinical and medical services including appointments and insurance authorizations. This is a part time, 20 hour per week position working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Gather new client information according to agency and state requirements including demographics, clinical information, providers and insurance/payment information;
- Verify insurance and entry of insurance/fee schedule/benefits for billing purposes;
- Schedule appointments based on acuity, insurance requirements, and clinical information into the correct agency program and staff member;
- Perform functions professionally and in a manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and rights of all clients;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience verifying insurance benefits is preferred;
- Experience in a health care intake setting is strongly preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while being detail oriented;
- Exceptional computer skills with emphasis on proficiency with an EMR; having the ability to type quickly.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.