The nurse will provide office-based nursing services for adult clients. This position is forty hours per week with the hours being Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Coordinate client care with prescribing medical staff as well as clinicians, case managers and functional support clinicians to ensure clients receive necessary and appropriate care;
- Coordinate client care with primary care physicians, specialists and guardians as directed by prescribing staff;
- Complete electronic health record documentation for client interactions regarding medication and symptom management in accordance with agency policies and federal/state standards;
- Adhere to agency standards and federal/ state regulations when exchanging PHI with laboratories, outside medical providers, outside clinicians, and pharmacies;
- Respond to fill requests from pharmacies including on-site pharmacy, providers and clients;
- Administer intramuscular injections as order by prescribing medical staff;
- Complete prior authorizations and associated appeals for medications;
- Maintain logs of sample inventory and refrigerator temperature;
- Provide cross coverage for ACT team and Children’s Department as needed;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Active Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of New Hampshire;
- Minimum of 2 years LPN experience preferred;
- Maintenance of current professional memberships, licenses, accreditations, and certifications required to perform clinical services;
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated with minimal direct supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with clients and their families;
- Ability to communicate effectively and collegially with other professionals across disciplines inside and outside of the agency;
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in routine, urgent, and emergent clinical situations;
- Ability to read, understand, and apply practice standards, technical procedures, and government standards and regulations;
- Ability to acquire and effectively practice new clinical skills as needed according to evolving agency needs and services;
- Ability to document effectively and efficiently in course of clinical work, and to navigate an electronic health record;
- Must demonstrate responsibility and accountability to ensure a therapeutic environment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.