The Medical Director is responsible for the supervision of the programmatic and operational activity of psychiatric services for a community-based mental health center. This is a 24 hour per week position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Oversee the efficient operations of the professional medical system of care in accordance with all agency, federal and state requirements;
- Provide review of all Individual Service Plans and Eligibility determinations;
- Establish and maintain an accountability process which establishes a high standard of care and measures the provision of services against the established standards;
- Select, orient, train, counsel, discipline and direct all medical staff and ensure annual performance evaluations are completed;
- Collaborate with the Director of Quality and Compliance to determine the training needs for medical staff members;
- Assist the President/CEO and VP of Clinical Services in developing short and long range strategic plans including service expansions, program development, facilities and capital usage and/or improvements, etc.
- Represent CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the medical and healthcare community as well as the communities serviced by CLM programs;
- Provide direct medication evaluation and management services;
- Coordinate the on-call schedule for the medical services team;
- Provide and coordinate psychiatric consultation services at Parkland Medical Center;
- Assist VP of Clinical Services in development of integrated physical and behavioral health services.
- Medical degree from an approved medical school, with internship in psychiatry;
- Board certified/eligible in psychiatry;
- Minimum of two years’ experience performing psychopharmacological evaluations and treatment;
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and with multiple agencies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communications skills;
- Ability to facilitate staff professional growth;
- Ability to problem-solve and encourage creative problem solving amongst staff;
- Strong programmatic and clinical psychiatry background;
- Proficient in generation and analysis of data, and the use of spreadsheets.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.