The Medical Secretary/Administrative Assistant provides advanced clerical and receptionist support for the clinical team and provides assistance to staff, physicians, nurses and clients. This position is forty hours per week with the hours being Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Support Adult medical staff
- Collect all paperwork that requires medical staff signatures such as closing forms and provider transfers;
- Schedule open door time for medical staff and provide them with their schedules on Tuesdays;
- Type and send out letters for medical staff;
- Send out meeting reminders.
- Provide back- up coverage for telepsychiatry as needed;
- Responsible for client check in and checkout process, direct incoming phone calls, provide account information to clients and staff as requested, and receivables processing;
- Schedule appointments, and coordinate calendars and centralized scheduling as requested. Ensure efficient patient flow by assessing availability of clinical team members and notifying supervisor of conflicts as needed;
- Stock office supplies, equipment and other materials to allow team members to complete assigned responsibilities;
- Assist with authorizations, document processing and faxing, data input and scanning into EMR;
- Coordinate departmental correspondence to facilitate on-going communications and efficient departmental operations;
- Minimize non-productive time and slow periods with activities that will prepare for future clinic needs, ie: organizing, housekeeping and assisting others;
- Performs functions professionally and in a manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and rights of all clients;
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle client service situations appropriately;
- Ability to problem solve and take action as necessary;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, with emphasis on Word and Excel;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while being detail oriented.
- Flexibility to work extra hours as needed a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.