The Nurse Care Navigator supports and coordinates the mental and physical health care of high risk CLM clients identified as having a co-occurring mental illness and a chronic disease condition. This position will provide care management, oversight of medication reconciliation, collaboration with medical and other care providers, and consultation to team members and consumers regarding appropriate behavioral and medical health services. This position is full-time salaried at 40 hours per week, working directly with the Adult and Child/Adolescent departmental teams.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Partners with internal and external case management and area medical providers (inclusive of PCPs, specialists, and school nurses) to coordinate care for high risk CLM clients with co-occurring conditions;
- Guides care planning to prevent disease exacerbation, improve outcomes, increase patient engagement in self-care, decrease risk status, and minimize hospital and ED utilization;
- Coordinates Specialty care, follow-up on test results and with other coordination needs;
- Manages CLM’s high-risk client Registry; ensures that medical information and transactions are up to date; tracks follow-up and clinical outcomes;
- Provides training to staff related to chronic disease conditions and health care integration;
- Acts professionally and in a manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and rights of all clients;
- Assures that clinical documentation is completed accurately, on a timely basis and in compliance with appropriate CLM, federal, state and other pertinent standards;
- Ensures that services provided comply with all federal and state regulatory standards and statutes. Adheres to the Center’s Code of Ethics;
- Maintains professional memberships, licenses, accreditation, certifications, etc;
- Represents CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community;
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- RN licensed for NH practice; BSN preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years full-time experience in chronic disease management and education;
- Knowledge and experience in psychiatric and mental health nursing;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients/families;
- Experience with patient population management;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Advanced documentation skill and familiarity with data reports/spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must have ability to sit for 60 minute intervals while in sessions and/or meetings.
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and staff;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Must be able to work from both Salem and Derry offices.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.