Working as part of a collaborative team within the Children’s and Adult Departments, the APRN will work closely with adults, children, youth, young adults and families evaluating, diagnosing and treating mental illness. This is a full time, forty hours per week position working in the Derry and Salem offices. Specific hours of the position will meet the needs of the population.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Communicating symptoms, behaviors, strategies, and interventions to the clinical team;
- Prescribing medications as authorized by the 1991 Nurse Practice Act;
- Ordering and interpreting lab tests;
- Communicating in a professional manner, both orally and in writing;
- Working with diverse populations in a variety of environments;
- Maintaining appropriate professional boundaries while working with others and in handling confidential information;
- Attending scheduled shifts and staff meetings;
- Documenting actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records;
- Maintaining work operations by following policies and procedures;
- Protecting organization's value by keeping patient information confidential;
- Maintaining professional codes of conduct and ethics;
- Performing any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
Master’s degree with a certification in psychiatry, along with an APRN license is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and independent problem solver;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with consumers and their families;
- Ability to work with confidence in a high stress, sometimes unpredictable environment and as a member of a team;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively with other professionals across disciplines, inside and outside of the agency;
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in routine, urgent, and emergent situations;
- Ability to read, understand, apply practice standards, technical procedures, government standards and regulations.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
Directions for Applying for this Position:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.