The Supported Employment Specialist provides community-based employment focused counseling services to adults with mental health issues. This position works collaboratively with the clinical team to support the consumer in working toward and completing their vocational goals outlined in the treatment plan. Counseling interventions will be based in the community setting such as home, work and other social environments. This is a full time, 35 hour a week position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Work with adults to provide direct support within the community;
- Document and articulate treatment interventions effectively;
- Communicate symptoms, behaviors, strategies, and interventions to the clinical team;
- Maintain professional codes of conduct and ethics;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree with a minimum of two years of direct experience within a related field is required;
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and independent problem solver;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with clients and their families;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively with other professionals across disciplines, inside and outside of the agency;
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in routine, urgent, and emergent clinical situations;
- Ability to acquire and effectively practice new clinical skills as needed according to evolving agency needs/services;
- Ability to document effectively and efficiently in course of clinical work, and to navigate an electronic health record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work takes place in the community. Manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. A driver’s license with a clean driving record, auto insurance and reliable transportation is required, as home visits to clients are expected.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.