Summary Statement :
The Administrative Assistant provides advanced clerical and receptionist support for the clinical team and provides assistance to staff, physicians, nurses and clients. This position is 16 hours per week, 4:00-8:00 pm, Monday through Thursday in the Salem office.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties :
- Responsible for directing incoming phone calls, providing account information to clients and staff as requested, and receivables processing;
- Schedule appointments, and coordinate calendars as requested. Ensure efficient patient flow by assessing availability of clinical team members and notifying supervisor of conflicts as needed;
- Stock office supplies, equipment and other materials to allow team members to complete assigned responsibilities, assist with authorizations, document processing and faxing, and data input; scanning into EMR.
- Coordinate departmental correspondence to facilitate on-going communications and efficient departmental operations;
- Minimize non-productive time and slow periods with activities that will prepare for future clinic needs: organizing, housekeeping and assisting others;
- Performs functions professionally and in a manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and rights of all clients
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle client service situations appropriately;
- Ability to problem solving and take action as necessary;
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, with emphasis on Word and Excel;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while being detail oriented.
- Flexibility to work more hours as needed a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.