Working within a community-based behavioral health setting, The Children’s ACT Clinician provides assessment, therapy, family therapy, case management functional support and crisis management. Treatment for the children and families will be provided mostly in the community such as schools and in family homes and at times in the office.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Provide solution-focused therapy for children and adolescents and their families in a community based setting in a 35 hour work week and a flexible schedule;
- Develop person centered goals and treatment planning with each client and their family in a small team supportive collaborative approach;
- Provide timely documentation on each service delivered;
- Collaborate and coordinate efforts with community partners such as the schools, primary and specialty case physicians, legal system, and/or other involved providers;
- Rotation of On-call phone support;
- Serve on appropriate committees, both internal and external, as determined by the program director;
- Represent CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Nineteen hours a week of direct face to face contact with children and families in the community;
- Ensure that services provided comply with all federal and state regulatory standards and statutes;
- Adhere to the Center’s Code of Ethics.
- Master’s degree in mental health field and NH licensure as an LCMHC MLADC preferred, or LICSW.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients/families;
- Advanced documentation skills and familiarity with data reports/spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must have ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry;
- Must have ability to sit for 60 minute intervals while in sessions and/or meetings.
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate needs of clients and staff;
- A majority of the work will be visiting clients in the community and also in their homes. Proof of car insurance, a reliable vehicle and a clean driving record all are required. An ability to freely enter/exit client’s homes is necessary.