This is a full time position in the Children’ department performing case management assessments to SED/MASED eligible clients with the intent to implement care plans and provide direct service and necessary referrals.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Provide individual care plan development, crisis management planning, crisis interventions, assessments, referrals and monitors service delivery;
- Coordinate medical services and emergency services as needed;
- Participate as a member of the community support services multi-disciplinary treatment team and serve on appropriate committees, both internal and external, as determined by supervisor;
- Provide outreach, advocacy, resource identification, referral, mobilization, linkage, monitoring and coordination of services activities;
- Maintain professional codes of conduct and ethics;
- Network with family members and various providers in the community to attain positive outcomes for consumers;
- Ensure that consumers apply for and maintain adequate medical coverage to enable treatment to occur on a consistent basis;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree or an Associates’ degree with a minimum of two years of direct experience within a related field is required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ability to monitor consumer progress and attend to client concerns;
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and independent problem solver;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with clients and their families;
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively with other professionals across disciplines, inside and outside of the agency;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in routine, urgent, and emergent clinical situations;
- Ability to read, understand, apply practice standards, technical procedures, government standards and regulations;
- Ability to acquire and effectively practice new skills as needed according to evolving agency needs/services;
- Ability to document effectively and efficiently in course of clinical work, and to navigate an electronic health record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.