The Center for Life Management and Greater Nashua Mental Health Center are looking for a Director of Quality and Corporate Compliance to support both agencies.
The Director will be a member of the senior Leadership Team and will participate in establishing and carrying out strategic and operational goals and objectives, including direct service and oversight of each of the respective Agency’s Quality / Compliance Departments and Medical Records department. Duties will include auditing, tracking and analysis of relevant quality and compliance data and the development of recommendations for addressing any material concerns. The overall goal is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of services, enhance risk management activities and consumer satisfaction, while working within two unique community mental health center environments.
This position supports the clinical and administrative operations for both agencies by developing and implementing an annual Quality Improvement Plan that addresses the identified needs of the agency and flows from the results of the Corp. Compliance / quality audits and other related activities. This position ensures the agencies comply with federal and state regulations, contractual obligations and agency policies and procedures.
- Develops the systems necessary to effectively carry out the Agency’s Corp. Compliance and Quality Improvement policies and programs;
- Monitors service utilization; reports on trends, outliers and outcomes to inform utilization review committee;
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all applicable rules, regulations, statutes and contractual obligations relative to QI/Compliance;
- Aids in complaint investigations as defined by NH state rules and agency policy;
- Assists in the development and analysis of various satisfaction surveys; interprets results, issues recommendations for improvement, aids in the development of quarterly report;
- Assist VP of QI/Compliance (CLM) and the Chief of Services (GNMHC) with critical Incident reviews;
- Assumes the lead in preparation and facilitation of external reviews by the agency’s regulatory agents and payers. This includes fidelity reviews for evidence based practices;
- Monitors and reports results of performance improvement activities including compliance efforts of the agency and provides guidance to staff on these matters; in coordination with the President and CEO, provides the necessary information and support to the GNMHC QI Board Committee to allow them to carry out their functions;
- Develops, initiates, maintains the agencies’ Quality Improvement Plan and related activities;
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the Medical Records Department(s) to ensure compliance with agency policy and procedures—including direct supervision of staff in the Medical Records department for GNMHC;
- Conducts internal billing and clinical audits and responds to issues or concerns regarding rules, regulations, policies and procedures and evaluates or recommends corrective procedures;
- Independently develops and implements ongoing training programs for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers to ensure up to date knowledge and information consistent with Compliance and Quality Improvement practices.
Qualifications include a Master’s degree in related field. Additional training and/or certification in medical records management, quality and compliance is preferred. Candidate should have a minimum of three years of post Master’s experience preferably in a behavioral health treatment setting.