The Intake Coordinator works as part of the Intake team to facilitate new client entry into clinical and medical services including appointments and insurance authorizations. This is a full time, 30 hour per week position. The hours will be 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties :
- Gather new client information according to agency and state requirements including demographics, clinical information, providers and insurance/payment information;
- Verify insurance and entry of insurance/fee schedule/benefits for billing purposes;
- Schedule appointments based on acuity, insurance requirements, and clinical information into the correct agency program and staff member;
- Perform functions professionally and in a manner that protects the integrity, confidentiality, and rights of all clients;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience :
- High School Diploma with some college experience is preferred, along with experience in a health care office or medical intake setting is highly desired.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands while being detail oriented;
- Exceptional computer skills with emphasis on proficiency with an EMR; having the ability to type quickly;
- Experience verifying insurance benefits is preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. A significant amount of time is spent speaking over the phone to clients, families and other staff members.
Center for Life Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.