The Intake, IMR, Triage and Sr Emergency Services Clinician is both an office-based and Emergency Department position where the clinician will perform initial intakes on Adults requesting mental health services, engage clients in IMR in the ED setting, perform crisis assessments for CLM or with contacted agencies, On-Call emergency phone coverage rotation, and Emergency Services Administrator On-Call Responsibilities. The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 36 hours per week.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
Execute all required services and documentation in accordance with agency policies, and state and federal standards; represent CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community; perform all other duties assigned by supervisor(s), including the following:
- Determine initial clinical impression, eligibility for services, and develop a treatment plan through completion of state or agency required documents;
- Complete appropriate referrals to services available in the agency or community;
- Components of care coordination may occur to internal and external resources or services;
- Collaboration with external and internal agency meetings to assist in client care as determined by supervisor.
Emergency Services Triage Therapist
- Provide face to face crisis evaluations at CLM or other locations;
- Provide phone assessment and stabilization during working hours or on-call hours;
- Evaluate dangerousness to self or others and determine appropriateness for hospitalization;
- Evaluate substance use and misuse for detoxification needs and other higher level of care services.
- Complete any state or court required documents or hearings;
- Completion of care coordination and collaboration with internal or external agencies to assist clients in accessing care and stability in the community;
- Execute all required services and documentation in accordance with agency policies and federal and state standards;
- The completion of Crisis Stabilization services may be needed;
- All shifts require the management of crisis calls or walk-ins as a component of this position as needed.
Senior ES Clinician Description
- Complete tasks in accordance to the active contract with our area hospital (Parkland Medical Center)
- Represents CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community;
- Review and Supervise documentation and manage calls for clinical/administrative questions from other clinicians during Admin week (includes weekends);
- Coverage of shifts unfilled during admin week paid at per diem rates;
- Emergency call out coverage as needed;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in mental health field;
- License Required;
- Minimum of two years mental health experience with one year crisis intervention experience.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong psychosocial, psychiatric and diagnostic assessment skills, and risk/suicide assessment skills;
- Knowledge of targeted case management, functional support, psychiatric hospitalization, and education services;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and motivated with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients and their families;
- Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Must have the ability to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a dynamic team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Must have the ability to sit for 50 minute intervals while in sessions; must have the ability to sit at computer and use keyboard for data entry; must be able to have reliable transportation for any off site evaluations.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.