The PATH/Homeless/Outreach position will perform outreach to the homeless within Western Rockingham County in an effort to assist and engage those who are homeless towards finding permanent housing as well as treatment for mental illness and/or substance abuse. This is a full time, 35 hour a week position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Refer for clinical screening and diagnostics as well as case management services when appropriate;
- Adhere to CLM professional standards as well as state and federal regulations regarding use of funds and services to the homeless and mentally ill;
- Adhere to CLM and State of NH regulations regarding documentation and HMIS data collection;
- Attend scheduled monthly and quarterly PATH/HOIP, WRC0C/LSDA meetings and other meetings to stay up to date on current trends and regulations as requested by supervisor;
- Assist individuals with applying for Medicaid and Social Security benefits;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 3 years equivalent experience in the field.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle client services situations with tact.
- Ability to problem solve and take action as appropriate.
- Knowledge of local and community mainstream resources.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and motivated with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of program services, client needs and management techniques, needs of client populations and treatment sources.
- Understanding of homelessness and experience with mental illness, substance abuse disorders.
- Skills in prevention and diversion in an effort to reduce homelessness.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must be able to walk in any terrain in Western Rockingham County and have weather appropriate clothing for such. Must be able to sit for 50+ minutes and be able to enter data into a computer. Must have a reliable transportation, a NH driver’s license and proof of auto insurance as transporting program participants may be required.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.