The Senior ES Clinician holds administrative and supervisory responsibilities that are shared with Senior Clinicians and the Director while completing crisis interventions and assessments for clients of CLM or other local agencies. This position will have some administrative/supervisory responsibilities which will include being part of the Administrator On-Call Rotation, and to serve as back up coverage when needed. This is a full-time, 36-hour per week position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Provide face to face lethality assessments at CLM and/or at Parkland Medical Center and/or local Police Stations;
- Evaluate suicide lethality and appropriateness for involuntary admission into state facilities;
- Evaluate substance use and misuse for detoxification needs and other higher level of care services.
- Complete tasks in accordance to the active contract with our area hospital (Parkland Medical Center)
- Coordinate, where appropriate, client access to agency services;
- Execute all required services and documentation in accordance with agency policies and federal and state standards;
- Represents CLM in a professional and appropriate manner in the community;
- Some shifts may include the provision of Crisis Stabilization services on-site at CLM or Intake services on-site at CLM and all shifts require the management of crisis calls as a component of this position;;
- All shifts require the management of crisis calls as a component of this position;
- Shifts available include weekday, weeknight, and weekend (night/day) shifts;
- Performs any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
Master’s degree in mental health field;
Licensure is required, LICSW preferred;
A.A.S. Certification preferred and other EBP in job specific field;
Minimum of two years mental health experience with one year crisis intervention experience.
- Strong psychosocial assessment skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and motivated with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients/families;
- Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Must have the ability to multi-task while working in a extremely fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a dynamic team.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work takes place in an office setting; manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. Reliable transportation is required, as part of the work is completed at Parkland
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.