The Child Impact Program is a 4-hour, court-ordered seminar designed to help parents understand the impact that divorce, separation and custody issues have on children. CIP classes provide parents with strategies, suggestions and tools they can use to help their children cope with the stress and confusion they experience when families are dealing with divorce, separation, and parental rights and responsibilities issues. This per diem position responsible for presentation and delivery of the Child Impact Program (CIP). Presenter will have working knowledge of dispute resolution and ability to discuss legal issues. Insure attendees’ understanding of the impact of divorce on their children.
Class Schedule: Two Wednesdays per month 6-8pm and Two Saturdays per month 9-1pm, class schedule is scheduled 3 months in advance for class selection. This position is a per diem position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Highly effective communication skills;
- Group facilitation skills to teach and engage adult participants who are involved in divorce process;
- Ability to interact with participants who are involved in highly stressful parenting issues;
- Have knowledge in child development, family life education, marriage and family counseling or related fields;
- Ability to moderate emotional discussion in an adult educational environment.
- Master’s degree in a mental health field such as; psychology, social work, behavioral sciences, educational counseling or psychiatric nursing or Two years of working with parents and families-degree requirements can be waived by Family Court System.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Because the format of sessions is instructional in nature, the Child Impact Instructor must have the ability to present to large and small groups for up to hours each session. All work takes place in the Derry office. The ability to perform work on a computer is required.
Directions for Applying for this Position:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.