The Wellness Coach provides community-based counseling services to adults with mental health issues with a focus on health and wellness. This position works collaboratively with the clinical team to support the consumer in working toward improving both mental and physical health by way of physical activity and diet modification as outlined in treatment plan. Counseling interventions will be based in the community setting such as home, work and other social environments. This is a full time, 35-40 hour a week position.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
- Working with adults to provide direct support within the community with a focus on providing education and support around improving wellness
- Document and articulate treatment interventions effectively;
- Communicate symptoms, behaviors, strategies, and interventions to the clinical team;
- Maintain professional codes of conduct and ethics;
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field as well as experience in providing health and wellness education in a community setting.
- Certification in Personal Training is desired.
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and independent problem solver;
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with clients and their families; as well as local healthcare providers.
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment in routine, urgent, and emergent clinical situations;
- Ability to read, understand, apply practice standards, technical procedures, government standards and regulations;
- Ability to acquire and effectively practice new clinical skills as needed according to evolving agency needs/services;
- Ability to document effectively and efficiently in course of clinical work, and to navigate an electronic health record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The majority of the work takes place in the community. Manual dexterity is needed to use computers and standard office equipment. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is required. Reliable transportation, proof of a clean driving record and auto insurance is required, as home visits to clients are required.
Directions for Applying for this Position
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to careers @clmnh.org
Center for Life Management is an equal opportunity employer.