SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM For the Betterment of Humanity
By investing in careers that benefit humanity, the Center of Life Management Foundation is positively impacting the delivery of mental health services to the community.
FOR CLIENTS AND THE COMMUNITY
Supportive Employment Education Advancement Award: One scholarship is awarded to a CLM Supported Employment Program client who is pursuing education/career advancement.
Graduating High School Senior Award: Scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors from towns within the CLM catchment area*. Applicants must plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary school in the fields of: counseling, developmental disabilities, nursing, social work, or psychology. Students pursuing trade, vocational, or certification training programs may be eligible if training will impact the delivery of health services to the community; for example, Licensed Nursing Assistant, hematology/radiology technician, medical assistant to name a few. One to three scholarships may be provided.
*Atkinson, Chester, Danville, Derry, Hampstead, Newton, Plaistow, Pelham, Sandown, Salem and Windham, New Hampshire.
FOR CENTER FOR LIFE MANAGEMENT STAFF
CLM Professional Staff Scholarship Award: This scholarship is awarded to a current CLM staff member who is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Level Degree in the field of counseling, nursing, social work, developmental disabilities or psychology with an accredited post-secondary school.
CLM Staff Member's Dependent High School Senior Award: One $500 scholarship is awarded to an applicant planning to pursue a secondary degree from an accredited post-secondary school, trade or certification program.
Primary considerations for all awards:
- Graduating High School Seniors are eligible to apply for their first year in college, trade, vocational school or certification program.
- CLM Professional Staff Scholars who are requesting aid for a second degree at the same level for which a degree has already been awarded are not eligible to apply, for example, a second Bachelor’s Degree or second Master’s Degree.
- CLM Professional Staff Scholars and Supportive Employment Advancement Students who have previously applied for a Foundation Scholarship and were denied an award are eligible to reapply for the next calendar year.
- All students must have a 3.3 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- All documents must be submitted in English.
- The corresponding application must be completed, typed, and signed.
- Transcripts (unofficial are permitted)
- Recommendations should be included in the application package/email.
- Proof of high school diploma or GED if applicable.
- Copy of acceptance or enrollment for post-secondary, vocation, trade or certificate program must be included.
Center for Life Management Professional Staff Specific Eligibility:
- A successful year of employment prior to March 31, 2023
- Letter of recommendation from a direct supervisor is required in addition to the requirements above.
- Current resume and completed application.
- CLM Professional Application
For any Graduating High School Senior:
- Two letters of recommendation are required in addition to all the documentation required above in the Eligibility Section.
- High School Senior Application
Supported Employment Education Advancement Award:
- One letter of recommendation from their CLM Case Manager is required in addition to all the documentation required above in the Eligibility Section.
- CLM Supported Employment Application
We’re investing in you so that you too will someday invest in the betterment of humanity. Honorees are selected based on their field of study, academic merit, Job performance, application responses and other non-academic factors such as community service, school activities and work experience.
Write a note of thanks. We encourage you to write a letter thanking the Center for Life Management Foundation Board of Directors for your scholarship. The address where you can direct your note to is below.
Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee’s decisions in early May by mail. Awards are granted for one year only. However, those scholars who demonstrate their ability and continued financial need may reapply for renewal.
Office of Philanthropy
Center for Life Management Foundation
10 Tsienneto Road, Derry, NH 03038