SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM For the Betterment of Humanity
By investing in careers that benefit humanity, the Center of Life Management Foundation is positively impacting the delivery of mental health services to the community.
FOR CENTER FOR LIFE MANAGEMENT STAFF
CLM Professional Scholar Award: This scholarship is awarded to a CLM staff member who is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Level Degree in the field of counseling, nursing, social work, developmental disabilities or psychology with an accredited post-secondary school. Award may vary from $500 to $1,500.
CLM Staff High School Senior Award: One $500 scholarship is awarded to an applicant planning to pursue a secondary degree from an accredited post-secondary school, trade or certification program.
FOR CLIENTS AND THE COMMUNITY
Supportive Employment Education Advancement Award: One scholarship is awarded to a CLM Supported Employment Program client who is pursuing education/career advancement. Award may vary from $500 to $1,500.
High School Senior Award: Scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors from towns within the CLM catchment area*. Applicants must plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary school in the fields of: counseling, developmental disabilities, nursing, social work, or psychology. Students pursuing trade, vocational, or certification training programs are also eligible. One to three $500 scholarships may be provided.
*Atkinson, Chester, Danville, Derry, Hampstead, Newton, Plaistow, Pelham, Sandown, Salem and Windham, New Hampshire.
Primary considerations for all awards:
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- CLM Scholars who are requesting aid for a second degree at the same level for which a degree has already been awarded are not eligible to apply, for example, a second Bachelor’s Degree or second Master’s Degree.
- Graduating High School Seniors are eligible to apply for their first year in college, trade, vocational school or certification program.
- CLM Scholar and Supportive Employment Advancement Students who have previously applied for a Foundation Scholarship and were denied an award are eligible to reapply for the next calendar year.
- For Center for Life Management professional scholar awards, the staff member is eligible for consideration after successfully completing one-year of employment. One letter of recommendation from a direct supervisor is required.
- For a Center for Life Management staff’s graduating senior, clients and/or community graduating seniors, two letters of recommendation are required.
- All students must have a 3.3 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- For consideration a completed and signed application, transcripts (unofficial are permitted) and recommendations mailed or emailed in one correspondence are required.
- Proof of high school diploma or GED if applicable.
- Copy of acceptance or enrollment for post-secondary, vocation, trade or certificate program.
- APPLICATION FORM
We’re investing in you so that you too will someday invest in the betterment of humanity. Students are selected to receive awards based on their field of study, academic merit, application responses and other non-academic factors such as community service, school activities and work experience.
Write a note of thanks. We encourage you to write a letter thanking the Center for Life Management Foundation Board of Directors for your scholarship. The address where you can direct your note to is below.
Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee’s decisions in early May by mail. Awards are granted for one year only. However, those scholars who demonstrate their ability and continued financial need may reapply for renewal.
Office of Philanthropy
Center for Life Management Foundation
10 Tsienneto Road, Derry, NH 03038